An experienced website Development Project Manager is required by our Banjul Office.
Our client is looking to hire an experienced Project Manager who will oversee the development of two new websites for the organisation – a new public facing website and members’ website. The successful candidate with oversee all aspects of the project management from the tender and procurement process through to completion. The Project Manager will report directly to the CEO and Director of Communications (day to day) and work closely with a number of important internal and external stakeholders throughout the full project lifecycle.
Key internal stakeholders include a departmental committee who will have hands on involvement in shaping the direction of the project. This will require a candidate who has very strong experience managing stakeholders within political environments who have conflicting points of view. Demonstrable third-party supplier management is also an essential requirement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee and manage the development of two new websites for the organisation.
- Manage the current research and planning stage through to wireframes / information architecture / prototyping / design & development / testing / launch / ongoing management.
- Develop a detailed project plan and schedule to monitor and track progress.
- Manage and deliver the project within agreed budget and scope constraints.
- Track costs throughout to maintain efficient use of budget and creative resources.
- Manage timelines and provide accurate estimates for work required to ensure deadlines are met.
- Responsible for project risk management, with the ability to monitor potential risks throughout and identifying solutions to resolve.
- Work closely with a number of internal and external stakeholders, including the clients Communications team.
- Provide project updates on a regular basis and participate in website focus group meetings.
Essential skills and experience:
- Demonstrable project management experience delivering website design/development projects.
- Track record of overseeing significant digital projects from initiation to delivery within tight lead times and a fixed budget.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with experience influencing senior management and board level members.
- Excellent organisational, leadership and multi-tasking abilities.
Excellent communications (written/verbal) and customer facing skills.
- Self-starter and able to motivate to create a successful delivery of the project with clear and effective articulation to stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong understanding of the creative process and brand identity.
- Strong knowledge of commercial and open source content management systems.
- A demonstrable understanding of best-practice digital marketing and SEO.
- Considerable experience in web agency management.
- Experience of working with internal and external communications teams to develop change management and launch plans.
- Direct experience of creating policy and managing content creation and deployment on complex internet, intranet and extranet sites.
- Proven ability to work closely with internal and external IT functions and vendors.
- Understanding of broader internal communications channels and principles.
- Understanding of audience measurement techniques.
- Able to influence and get results at a senior level
- Strong technical background with significant experience of creating private secure web applications which need to integrate with legacy digital applications and online/offline processes
- Proven knowledge and experience of digital communications best and emerging practice and technical requirements and processes
- A professional project management qualification – desirable.
This is a permanent position based at our Headquarters currently at Atlantic Road, Cape Point Road, Banjul, Kanifing Municipal Council. Email your applications to: [email protected]
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + public holidays, a contributory pension scheme and more.
Appointment subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in The Gambia.